- 1 pound of breakfast sausage bulk or link (Mulay's or Boulder is my preference. Chorizo would be excellent-but I can't have the garlic)
- 2-3 Tbsp coconut oil (I buy whatever organic, expeller pressed coconut oil is cheapest)
- 3 smaller or 2 larger orange-fleshed sweet potatoes/yams (however your supermarket labels them) there is a difference between the two, but there seems to be a large-scale confusion as to which is which. I just buy whatever is available at Natural Grocers.
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- dash of cayenne
- pepper to taste
- 4 eggs, however you like them. I poach mine to over-medium
In a large skillet begin browining sausage
Grate sweet potatoes with a cheese grater or in food processor
Once sausage is browned (cut links into bite-sized pieces), add coconut oil and grated sweet potatoes and onion. Saute for about 5 minutes
Add in cumin, paprika, cayenne, pepper and saute 5 more minutes until potatoes are soft and lightly browned
While potatoes are finishing, poach eggs
*I also like this with Tomotillo Salsa, which I will post the recipe for soon.