1-1 1/2 cups ham, diced
2 pounds potatoes, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, diced
2 tbsp butter or ghee
2 cups chicken broth, warmed
4-6 ounce goat cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion in butter over med-low heat until soft but not brown
- Stir potatoes into butter and onion mixture
- In a buttered 2 quart baking dish, layer half of the potatoes then half of the ham. Repeat layers again.
- In a blender mix the chicken broth and goat cheese. Pour over the layered ham and potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for half an hour. Uncover and bake for 25 more minutes or when potatoes are fork tender.